Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Not able to get the output file

dkchandana3
7 - Meteor

I am facing a new issue where I get a success msg after executing a workflow (via gallery) but I am missing an output xlsx file.

Usually, in previous workflows, I was able to download the output file and am not sure, why am I missing it in this particular workflow. I checked in View - User Interface settings and things look fine.

Any suggestions/thoughts on this?

Thank You!

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@dkchandana3 in the gallery, the view - user interface settings have no bearing on whether a file gets displayed; instead, the location of the output file drives whether the file is displayed or not. The only 2 locations that will be displayed in the gallery are files output to 1) the workflow directory (file.csv or .\file.csv or %Engine.WorkflowDirectory%file.csv would all work) or 2) packaged assets (which get saved to an _externals folder inside the workflow directory. They are packaged when you save to the gallery via the workflow assets dialog).

Hope that helps! 

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

To have the file output after a workflow is run via the gallery i typically name the output with no file path just OutputName.xlsx. Or if you want to have a preview .pcxml. I have noticed format issues with .pcxml , nothing major just fyi.