Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Not able to create data connection

dtushar78
5 - Atom

Hi,

Though I am admin in GALLAERY, not able to create data connection by specifying the serer details. I have read only access to the required database.

Do I need admin rights on the database?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@dtushar78 

Could you please help me understand what you mean when you say you're not able to create a data connection? Do you mean Adding a new connection via the Admin console in the Gallery? What is the error you see? 

dataconnection.png

dtushar78
5 - Atom

Yes, I am trying to define the data connection for my team and have attached the error screenshot.

I have read only access to the database and able to connect using inbuilt connector.

AnupD
8 - Asteroid

Hi @dtushar78 

Looks like the connection is trying to find ODBC DSN on the server machine. Either create an ODBC connection with name "mcpm_test" on the server, or try using SQL Server Native Client explicitly by using below format:

odbc:Driver={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};Server=server,port;DATABASE=dbname;Uid=username;Pwd=password;Trusted_Connection=yes

Thanks.

dtushar78
5 - Atom

Hi @anupD

Thanks for your solution.

I have installed the SQL server driver again in the server and it is working as expected. But, I am not able to resolve  for Oracle On-prem database. I have installed the Oracle Client both in the server and my desktop. still it is not able to find the driver.

As I am new to Alteryx, I am jumping one connection issue to the other. Appreciate if anyone can point or guide on this.

Thanks,

Tushar

AnupD
8 - Asteroid

You might want to check the path that ORACLE_HOME variable is pointing to. It needs to be pointing to the directory where Oracle is installed. You can check the system variables in Control Panel or by executing SET command in cmd.

dtushar78
5 - Atom

Thanks @AnupD for the suggestion.