Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Not able to Create Credentials in Gallery

RobertF
7 - Meteor

Using Windows authentication with Server 2019.4

As the Gallery admin I tried to create a credential from the Admin page/Credentials/Add Credentials.

I entered a specific userid/password.  When I click Save it says Validating and the circle spins.  At this point it never returns an error message, it just spins until I close the browser.

I checked the gallery logs but didn't see anything that stood out as pertaining to this action.

Any ideas what I can try?

And yes I did restart the Alteryx Service.  

This is a new install.  Gallery functions normally aside from this issue.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Are you in the same domain as the Gallery?  
Windows auth should pass through with no need to create a password.

Is the server set up to connect to Active Directory?

RobertF
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the reply.  Yes we are in the same domain and active directory works in the Server Configuration when selecting Gallery Admin.  I will try to narrow down the issue.

varegle
5 - Atom

Hi Robert,

Did you manage to narrow down the issue? I think we're facing a similar situation.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@RobertF ,

Have you attempted this with different DB or have you only tested one? Also were there any port numbers specificed in this particular instance? I would attempt these credentials locally on the server to check if they are working. Sometimes a port could be blocked. There isnt much in terms of logging information available to troubleshoot these types of issues when they are being configured but you can check between the Service and Gallery logs.