Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Not able to Cancel the running workflow from Server

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

HI ,

I am not able to cancel the running workflow i am Admin for server.

I tried couple of ways like cancelling the workflow from web interface and from Controller as well.

But i could not succeeded , please help me if there are any other ways to solve the above issue.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ashokkumar1 

Open alteryx designe, go to options menu, select scheduled workflow, open tab queue and try cancel your workflow.

Let me know if work.

Carlos Teixeira 

Carlos A Teixeira
ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @carlosteixeira 

Thanks for your reply i tried but it did not work still that shows 0% as running only. Please let me know if there any other way.

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@ashokkumar1 can you stop and start alteryx service?

Carlos A Teixeira
ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

HI @carlosteixeira 

Already couple of workflows are in queued status, if i do that will they run after i restart?  also 

can you confirm are these below steps for stop and start the services. Sorry am bit new to Alteryx Thank you

1. Open the Alteryx System Settings (can be found in the Start Menu by search "Alteryx System Settings"
  2. Click the Next button until you reach the end of the System Settings, then click Finish.
  3. You will then see a "Please Wait" message that indicated the Service is attempting to start.
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ashokkumar1 no they don't. You will need tô start again these workflows.

Yes, this Steps are ok to restart alteryx services.

Or you can open tasks manager, open Services and right boom clock on the Alteryx service and restart.

Hope it's help.

Carlos A Teixeira
MattBenj
9 - Comet

@ashokkumar1 what version are you running? I also had the same issue for one of the workflows on my Gallery on Friday.

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @carlosteixeira 

After restarting the services issue has been resolved, Thank you for your help

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @MattBenj 

Am using 2020.2.3

ramesh_neel
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I have had this issue as well and we are on 2021.3 . Is restarting the services the only solution here?  In my case , It was only one workflow and I asked the user to keep a local copy of the workflow and delete the gallery version and publish it back to the gallery and the workflow disappeared from the jobs 🙂 

Alteryx ACE | Sydney Alteryx User Group Lead | SparkED Contributor and Mentor