Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

No users listed in server

smarapad
7 - Meteor

Hello,

We had our Alteryx Server setup installed recently and I don't see any users listed under "Users". I am logged in as the admin and we use "Integrated Windows Authentication". 

Do users generally not show up for this mode of authentication? 

Thanks,
S

6 REPLIES 6
DavidSta
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @smarapad,

when you are using the integrated windows auth the users will show up in this list once they are logged in. There is nothing like an automated sync with the Windows AD.

So at least your own Admin user should be visible.

If nothing is showing up please try to force a clear cache of the website with CTRL+F5

Best regards,

David

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@smarapad,

Are you seeing the "+" icon to add new users? If you are not something may be wrong with the AD. Otherwise you should be able to use this to add new users. Also you can provide the url to another user and set the Default role to Viewer. If they are able to get in that means the AD should be working in at least one direction. You will want to have it working bidirectionally in order to see the "+".add-new-user.png

smarapad
7 - Meteor

David,

There are no users listed that includes the admin user. I tried clearing the cache/reloading multiple times but I still can't see the users.

smarapad
7 - Meteor

Andrew,

I am not seeing the "+" icon. I read somewhere on the community that "+" sign won't show up for Integrated Windows Authentication. If that is not so, then something is wrong with the Gallery and I might have to open a ticket with Alteryx. 

Thanks!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@smarapad  When I go to the users page, it loads and looks like this:

patrick_digan_0-1599744063821.png

If I let this page sit for several minutes, it finally loads the first 10 records out of our 500 total users. It may take even longer for you if you have more users. I used Chromes Inspect Element (F12) and it looks like the server is responding right away, so I'm not sure what's taking so long for it to display.

raychase
11 - Bolide

I, too, can attest to the very slow load-time for the Users page.

I think it's also important to avoid having any records in the 'Users' collection of the MongoDB that have NULL values for critical fields (ie. FirstName, LastName, Email, etc.)