Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

New Alteryx Server Publishing Error

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

I have set up a new server with a user-managed Mongo DB and it appears to be working fine. I can access the gallery and add users but when I try to save a workflow to the server I get a validation error:

AlteryxProcessManagerL Error executing AlteryxCmd as different user CommandLine: "D:\Program Files\Altery\bin\AlteryEngineCmd.exe" /Binary\\.\pipe\<uuid>_in \\.\pipe\<uuid>_out
Windows Error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or has no enabled devices associated with it.

Checking on the server it is the AlteryxService & MongoDB service are both running and I can't find anything in the Alteryx logs indicating an error.

When I run the command line test 

AlteryxService test

I get the error

There was an error starting the Alteryx Service:
Failed to register Service URL (183).
Please contact your Systems Administrator to ensure that port 80 is unused and open for inbound connections and verify the Alteryx Service is not already running on this system.

Finally, I checked what is listening o port 80 with netstat and the only items listening on that port are System, system idle process and Alteryx services

I am stuck at what the next step for troubleshooting would be.

1 REPLY 1
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@paul_houghton - can you check to see if the Secondary Logon service is running? I've seen this error when you have the Run As user set - this service enables processes to start under alternate credentials, and if it is stopped Run As logon access is not available.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.