Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

New Alteryx Server Install - System Settings - Default Gallery Administrator is grayed out

ssidhpura05
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I'm trying to setup a new Alteryx Server (Single server - version - 2020.4) - Installation of the setup exe was successful, while running the Alteryx System settings on server, at the pane where we need to give Default gallery Administrator , I see that option is grayed out. The gallery Authentication is set to SAML and I verified the IDP Metadata URL is accessible on the server in IE. 

Have added IDP metadata URL and gallery URL in trusted site in IE browser, however still the issue persist. 

Any thoughts what else I can check to resolve the issue ?

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ssidhpura05 - This is expected behaviour. An administrator account must be created to manage the users and workflows on the Gallery.

The field for the Default Gallery Administrator is available in two cases:

- If using built-in authentication, enter the email address of the administrator. (Ex. email@example.com).

- If using integrated Windows authentication, enter the user account network credentials (Ex. domain/username).

However, if using SAML authentication, you need to click Verify IDP to test the IDP configuration and populate the field with IDP credentials. You are now logged in as the Gallery administrator. 

Please read the documentation relevant section for more details: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/server/configure-gallery-authentication