Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Network share file location - Gallery Analytical Apps do not render

Andrew_Paterson
7 - Meteor

I've encountered an unexpected issue when creating an analytical app inteded to render a report to an Alteryx Server Gallery instance.

Where using a network share address (e.g. \\10.24.123.223\Share) as the base of the Render tool Output file destination in pcxml format, it is converted on save as in this example to "_externals\2\invoice_report.pcxml" which I understand is normal. When running the app in the gallery, upon completion it is indicated that the workflow has not produced any data. Only by adjusting the output file destination to the physical location (e.g. "C:\Network Share\") does the app display the results within the browser as expected.

Using the drive location versus the network share is not a problem in my use case, but is this behaviour expected?

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew_Paterson
7 - Meteor

On advice of support, have raised a product idea around this:

http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Support-UNC-file-paths-in-the-same-manner-as-r...

fadib
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Andrew,

Currently (as of 10.1), the Gallery only displays results from files stored locally and accessed through relative paths as you've mentioned in your example. Network shares must be referenced through UNC paths and therefore will not display. Of course an easy workaround is to add two Render tools at the end of the workflow, one saving to a local path (ex. local temp folder) and the other to the network share. That way you get the files to display on the Gallery results page and to be stored on the network share.

writeToShare.png

Fadi Bassil,
Manager - Sales Engineering, RoEMEA