Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Need to configure Gallery for multiple developer groups and multiple user groups

rob_cottrell
7 - Meteor

I'm struggling to figure out how best to configure the Gallery to support our developer and user structure.

We have multiple developer teams, each representing an internal department (marketing, finance, hr, etc.). Within a team, all developers need to share access to all workflows. Our plan was to create one Studio for each team, and assign members to their team's Studio.

We also have multiple user groups, each representing a different sales team. Each group will need access to a different set of applications, some of which may overlap. Our plan was to create one Collection per group, and assign the workflows that group needs to that Collection. We would then assign users to the Collections, and manage access at the group level.

The problem is that any development team can develop for any user group. (For example, the marketing development team may make an app that only 2 sales teams should have access to, and a separate app that all sales teams should have access to.) Unfortunately, it appears that Collections can only hold workflows from a single Studio. So this plan won't work.

Is there a better way to configure our Gallery to handle this structure? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

1 REPLY 1
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@rob_cottrell 

Collections were indeed very limited until the release of Alteryx Server version 2019.1.  However, with the new software, you can customize them extensively.  If you are able to upgrade, I think you will find Collections are much more powerful and will probably meet your needs.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.