Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Multiple Input Condition in Server

Sousou
8 - Asteroid

Hello Conmmunity, 

I would like to have a condition during the input step, in my analytical workflow on Alteryx server, so i explaining what i want...

I have 4 input files in all my workflow, but sometimes i have only 2 or 3 files, and i want to run my workflow even if i have only 2 or 3 files, for exemple only run containers where there is an input file or i don't know... did someone already has this kind of case ? how does you resolve it ? 

thank's a lot for your help

server view.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Sousou You can use 1) a condition and action tool or 2) an action tool connected to your file browse tools to disable parts of the workflow when a file isn't selected. I've demonstrated both in the attached. Hope that helps!

Capture.PNG

Sousou
8 - Asteroid

Hello Patrick, Thank's a lot for your help!! , i m not so far of a good solution for my case,

Your solution work very good when i don't select an Input, but when i want to input a data for exemple in file3, the file is not  taken by the file browse, i tried to add an update value, but it's doesn't work.. do you have an idea ? 

Capture2.PNG

thanks

Sousou
8 - Asteroid

Hello  @patrick_digan , 

Do you understang my second request ? do you need more information ? thank's for your help

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Sousou You should use an input tool instead of a text input tool. You would initially set your input tool to a "template" file that would be similar to what the user would upload. Then you can configure your action tool to update the input tool. Be sure to uncheck the "required" box on the action tool.

Capture.PNG

Hope that helps!