Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Multiple Gallery Profiles

AltAddict26
7 - Meteor

Hi all!

I wanted to ask a questions about Alteryx Gallery. I am logging in to Alteryx Designer with two accounts with different levels of data access. When I promote my workflow to the gallery under my first account I can see the workflow however when I publish to the same gallery using my second account I cannot see the published workflow I my private studio.

I'm guessing that I am logged in to gallery under my first account and so therefore when I publish to the gallery using my second account I cannot see the output.

Does anyone know of a solution for this? Can I link my profiles or sign in under a new account?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@AltAddict26 

Couple of questions for you:

1. When you say you have "two Designer accounts" what do you mean by this? Are you specifically talking about credentials to database connections or are you using two Alteryx licenses under different emails?

2. Do you know if your gallery is setup using a built in or Windows Auth authentication type? If you are using Windows Auth, you won't be allowed to have two different accounts unless you have two different emails on your company's email. This is the same with the Built in, but Built in is easier to create a secondary account. 99% of customers are using Windows Auth.

If you do happen to have two accounts on the Gallery with two different emails, you would need to have two different logins to that Gallery. So, when you go to push the workflow to the Gallery you would need to use the correct login.

if you don't or can't have two email accounts and this is related to database connections, I would suggest having your Gallery admin create these connections on the Server and push them to you. You would then update your Input and or Output tools with these connections which would be associated to your Gallery user. Then, once you publish, they would end up in your one instance and allow you to run no matter the connection since you have been given access through the gallery.

Hope that helps.

DanM

AltAddict26
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for your response.

My Gallery is set up using Windows Authentication - I have two logins (usernames) that have different levels of data access however Gallery seems to only be compatible with my first username.

When I right click on the app and select run as a different user - that user login can publish to the Gallery, but when I try and view it later it is gone. I'm guessing its because I am publishing it under a second username so I cannot see it when logging in to Gallery using my first one.

Does this mean we have to use two different Galleries in order to access the published workflows from two different usernames?

I also am unable to sign out of my first username and sign in with the second on the Gallery. Help here is much appreciated!

IMSHAH
6 - Meteoroid

Any luck with this ? I have similar use case- Designer does not allow to do this.