Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Multi-File FTP Upload (from Alteryx Server to FTP location)

Diesal
5 - Atom

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening,

I've been reviewing the articles surrounding uploading files to an FTP server, however as far as I can tell, the only option is a single file upload for example: file.csv, it's not possible to upload file1.xlsx, file2.xlsx, etc...

This must be done within a flow that I need to upload to our company's private gallery - so no external scripts

Thus far this is what I have thus far:

NathanBrown_0-1613488736367.png

From the above this would be the santized output:

NathanBrown_1-1613488850031.png

Now usually - I'd simply add the output tool at the end of the above flow and use the filepath as the name, however based on the guides I've been reading there aren't any similar solutions for doing this when writing to an FTP server. (Upload to SFTP/FTP - More Examples with Alteryx 10.5 - Alteryx Community)

So I'll pose the question to the community - what options are availible? 

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You would follow the same steps in the article sent and you could even use this workflow as a template: 

BrandonB_0-1626752324765.png

You just need some additional grouping of data so that you can create multiple blobs with the blob convert tool. As long as you have one blob for each set of data you should be able to send them all up with a single download tool. Rather than using a single target address, you could have the address dynamically built from something in your data so that way each blob would correspond with a file name that was unique.