Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

MongoDB - where to find + change WF schedule state

alexcassola
7 - Meteor

Hey all,

I have a couple of questions related to the MongoDB for Alteryx Server.

Where can I find what the state of a scheduled Workflow is from within the server’s MongoDB instance? I.e. How can I find out whether a schedule is enabled or disabled just by querying the MongoDB?

Secondly, can I change the state of a schedule through MongoDB? I.e. How do I switch the state of a schedule from Enabled to Disabled and/or vice versa via MongoDB?

Cheers.

6 REPLIES 6
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

you can read this article, it can be a good starting point: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Query-Scheduler-Database-from-Alteryx...

Why want you to update scheduling status? Would it be easier to call the execution of your workflow through the Server API ?

Regards.

alexcassola
7 - Meteor

Thanks. Bottom line is I would like to enable/disable multiple schedules on the Server in one go, rather than having to enable/disable schedules individually manually. (The server gallery hasn't got this facility unfortunately.)

I wasn't aware of the Server API option, so I'll look into whether there's an API for enabling/disabling schedules on the gallery.

I'd appreciated any further pointers/ideas on this if any :)

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alex, just wanted to check in and see if you made any headway with this in the end.

Currently looking at the same challenge where we want to query the 'state' for scheduled workflows via the API, the MongoDB collection, or otherwise.

alexcassola
7 - Meteor

Hi Jonathan,

I still don't know of a way of enabling/disabling Gallery schedules in a batch 😑

You should be able to check the status of a schedule both from the Gallery API (/admin/v1/schedules/) as well as from your Gallery's MongoDB instance.

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Hey Alex - I appreciate taking the time to log back on for an update. I saw your last online time and thought it was a bit of a stretch to expect a response!

We thought that we could check the state using the Gallery API and MongoDB collection as well however the user with access to the MongoDB is telling us that the information isn't there and when we think we've found the relevant information it's actually something else.

Just to confirm, are you referring to this column when referring to the state of a schedule? :

JonathanAllenby_0-1626598367804.png

We thought we found this after digging through the documentation for the Alteryx Service MongoDB schema: https://help.alteryx.com/20203/server/alteryxservice-mongodb-schema

This schema includes the collection AS_Schedules which contains the field "Status: (String) Schedule status." which seemed immensely promising but we've been told that "The “Status” field holds the current status of the schedule or workflow i.e. queued or running not the schedule state" by the user with access to the MongoDB."

We're currently waiting to see if Alteryx Support can confirm this, but if you're able to confirm/deny the location of the 'state' information as per the screenshot in the MongoDB/API it'd go a long way.

alexcassola
7 - Meteor

Best to have official confirmation on your question from someone within Alteryx.

In the meantime (to remain on topic) it is still not possible for me to enable/disable a schedule in an automated manner.