Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

MongoDB issue - AS_Queue not matching AppInfos

kmedici
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I'm connecting to AppInfos (DB: AlteryxGallery) using the MongoDB connect tool and can see a column named 'TotalRunCount' which shows the 'Count of all runs across all workflow versions.' as per MongoDB schema (https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/alteryxgallery-mongodb-schema).

For one of my workfllows on the server,  the 'TotalRunCount'  is 40 based AppInfos. and this is back up based on what the front end of server shows. 

I want to drilldown into the 40 to see who these people were that ran the workflow on server. I thought this would be possible using AS_Queue collection in MongoDB (DB: AlteryxService) but for some reason, AS_Queue displays just 10 records for this workflow indicating 'runs'. 

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Kris

5 REPLIES 5
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @kmedici 

Are you using AS_Application__ID or AppName to filter AlteryxService.AS_Queue? If you're using AppName that may result in you not seeing the full set of runs in AS_Queue.

As far as I can tell, for any given ServiceId in AlteryxGallery.appInfos, when filtering AlteryxService.AS_Queue with the same ID the number of rows in your result set should equal the number of rows in the table you see on screen in the Gallery.

These may be a combination of scheduled and manual runs, and can be differentiated as follows witih AlteryxService.AS_Queue:

• Manual runs will have a value in the SubscriptionId column
  • Scheduled runs will have a value in the AS_Schedules__ID column

The AlteryxService.AS_Queue.SubscriptionId can be joined with AlteryxGallery.users.SubscriptionID to get the username for each of the manual runs.

kmedici
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jamielaird,

Thanks for the response. 

Are you using AS_Application__ID or AppName to filter AlteryxService.AS_Queue? - Yes I am. So far I've tried joining the following tables:

1. Appinfos to AS_Queue on AppInfos.ServiceID = AS_Queue.ServiceID matches 9 runs whereas Alteryx Server front end says there's 11 runs
  2. Appinfos to AS_Queue on AppInfos.AppID = AS_Queue.ServiceID doesn't match, tried it because I wanted to rule this one out. 
  3. (AS_Queue to AS_Application on AS_Queue to AS_Application.ID) then AS_Application to Appinfos on AppInfos.ServiceID = AS_Application.ID matches 9 runs whereas Alteryx Server front end says there's 11 runs
  4. (AS_Queue to AS_Application on AS_Queue to AS_Application.ID) then AS_Application to Appinfos on AppInfos.AppID = AS_Application.ID doesn't match, tried it because I wanted to rule this one out. 

Hope that makes sense. I'm wondering whether the MongoDB data is correct now, the schema doesn't offer any other advice that would suggest I should try something different. 

Cheers,
Kris

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

That does seem strange. I think the next best step is to raise a ticket with Alteryx Technical Support and they should be able to have someone take a deeper look into this. If you can provide screenshots and extracts of the logs in your request I’m sure that will help them diagnose the issue. 

kmedici
8 - Asteroid

@jamielaird, I thought I'd let you know that as part of the roll out of our organisations Alteryx Server, the MongoDB wasn't fully implemented until June 2020. Therefore any 'runs' prior to this date would not be in there, we're considering this as one of the main reasons for the difference. As more recent workflows seem to match in AppInfos vs. Alteryx Sever front end. Thanks. 

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Glad you got to the bottom of this @kmedici . I definitely learned a bit about the MongoDB tables in the process!