Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

MongoDB Connector for BI in Alteryx Schedule

marod1971
7 - Meteor

I set up MongoDB Connector for BI in our MongoDB server. I could run a workflow in Alteryx using the MongoDB Connector for BI. The problem is that I had used a Generic ODBC connection. Alteryx is not showing a MongoDB Connector for BI as a data source. The MongoDB ODBC driver was set up in the Alteryx Server. The issue is when I schedule a workflow, it fails because I got the following error message: Error: Input Data (1): Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified. The MongoDB is on-premise. Any suggestion?

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @marod1971 ,

You need to configure the odbc connection in server with the same DSN as in your designer's machine, and it needs to be a system DSN configuration, so all users, including the user running Alteryx gallery can access it.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

marod1971
7 - Meteor

Hi @fmvizcaino,

The ODBC is defined in the Alteryx Server too. In addition, the MongoDB Connector for BI is installed in the Alteryx Server. All the ODBC is well defined. It is another problem. 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @marod1971 ,

To my knowledge, this error only happens with what I mentioned before. What I usually do to validate the connection in Server is to remotely access the server machine and try running from the server machine's designer or including your credentials when publishing your workflow to check if it is related to access.

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

marod1971
7 - Meteor

Hi @fmvizcaino,

The ODBC connection is defined in the Alteryx server too. In this case, the error must be something else. Thanks anyways.