Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

MongoDB Atlas as Server Persistence Layer

jmarsh1590
7 - Meteor

Does anyone have experience using MongoDB Atlas as the persistence layer for an Alteryx Server implementation? I'm wondering if it's even possible. I know that Alteryx Designer is unable to connect to MongoDB Atlas instances due to lack of TLS/SSL support in the MongoDB Input tool. Curious if this extends to connections made by Alteryx Server to the persistence layer.

8 REPLIES 8
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jmarsh1590 

Unfortunately, the lack of support for TLS still carries through for the server persistence layer at the minute as well. So you wouldn't be able to use it for the user managed MongoDB

jmarsh1590
7 - Meteor

Thanks, @JoeS I know I’ve seen this question raised elsewhere- is there a plan to implement TLS/SSL support for MongoDB?

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I'll ask internally to see if I can get a response for you.

jmarsh1590
7 - Meteor

@JoeS did you ever learn if this is on the product roadmap and when it might be implemented? Thanks!

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I believe it's coming soon, keep your eyes peeled....

bbarbre
6 - Meteoroid

Can you confirm this is supported at this time?

When I check online documentation it shows settings for MongoDB Atlas at https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/gallery under the persistence settings

Trying to setup Alteryx for the first time and running into challenges on how to configure MongoDB Atlas behind it.  Any guidance for first timer would be appreciated. 

jmarsh1590
7 - Meteor

I can confirm it’s supported as I recently configured an alteryx server instance to use Atlas as the persistence layer. Where are you running into trouble? Have you already created the necessary databases in your Atlas instance? Those would be AlteryxService, AlteryxGallery, and AlteryxGallery_Lucene.

If you provide a bit more information about where you are in the process I’d be happy to give more help!

somervill
7 - Meteor

Do you know if the MongoDB input tool can now server MongoDB altas on Alteryx Designer?

I tried thousands of times to connect self built Mongo DB into an Alteryx workflow while it just not works. Not quite sure what caused that.