Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Mongo DB Connector Works from Desktop Not From Gallery

Justin_SVU
7 - Meteor

I am trying to use the MongoDB Input tool to bring back user id values from the server. When I run this from my local machine desktop and input the server information it works and returns data. If I try and save the workflow to the Gallery it says 'Unable to find suitable servers'.

Is there something I need to change in the server address information for it to work on Gallery? Right now I am not using the default LocalHost value that was populated. I am using the actual server name.

What we are trying to accomplish is when someone runs a particular workflow it will validate this user id to a column in a set of data and only return applicable rows. Essentially applying security to a data set.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Justin_SVU 

Try using the actual IP address instead of the machine name. I've had that work before. 

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Justin_SVU
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the reply. I will check with my IT group to see if they will give me that information. I am unsure if they will, but it is worth a shot.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You should be able to open a command prompt and type: "ping [machine name]" and it will give you the ip address 😉

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks