Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Mongo DB Connector Works from Desktop Not From Gallery

Justin_SVU
7 - Meteor

I am trying to use the MongoDB Input tool to bring back user id values from the server. When I run this from my local machine desktop and input the server information it works and returns data. If I try and save the workflow to the Gallery it says 'Unable to find suitable servers'.

Is there something I need to change in the server address information for it to work on Gallery? Right now I am not using the default LocalHost value that was populated. I am using the actual server name.

What we are trying to accomplish is when someone runs a particular workflow it will validate this user id to a column in a set of data and only return applicable rows. Essentially applying security to a data set.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Justin_SVU 

Try using the actual IP address instead of the machine name. I've had that work before. 

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Justin_SVU
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the reply. I will check with my IT group to see if they will give me that information. I am unsure if they will, but it is worth a shot.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You should be able to open a command prompt and type: "ping [machine name]" and it will give you the ip address 😉

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks