Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Modifying Server Usage Report

JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

I would like to modify the Server Usage Report in a way that will display a single sheet that would end up being "client friendly". I'm making progress but there are some missing pieces. 

From the connections established within the macro connector.yxmc there seems to be missing links between tables Users and Collections. I'd like to see by Subscription/Studio, who is a member.

Are there other connections that could be made/exposed to help bridge this gap?

Justin Babbitt
2 REPLIES 2
CameronS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JustinBabbitt,

The if you open the connector.yxmc macro that is part of the Usage Report package, you should see how it uses the MongoDB Input tool to connect the persistence layer for the Gallery.  I don't think the usage report makes references Collections so the connector.yxmc macro may not plug into but you can use the MongoDB Input tool to access the Collections in the Gallery by selecting it in the "Collection:" drop down of the mongodB input tool after connecting it to the AlteryxGallery database.  The user IDs associated with each collection should be listed out as fields. 

JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for the reply @CameronS. 

When I selected Collections from the Connections macro, it provided the following fields of data: 

AutoShare | CollectionID | CreatedDate | Name | OwnerID |Sharable | Users | Apps

I see the users, is it also possible see the Private Studios attached to the collection. 

Additionally, this does not address how I can view which Studios/Subscriptions a User is a Member of. In the User Table, the SubscriptionID appears to indicate which studio the User is the Artisan. How can I see the membership information?

Justin Babbitt