Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Microsoft Power BI Tool - Install without Chrome

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

the Microsoft Power BI Tool seems to need Google Chrome for being able to be installed. This is not a problem on our local machines, but we can not debug Google Chrome on the Server. Is there a way to install the tool from the ..zip file so that we can avoid using chrome?

Thanks and regards,

Wolfgang

2 REPLIES 2
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @wolfgangh,

Our server product doesn't call tools from an web service, rather the tools must be installed on the local server machine to function on the server, just like for a standard local Designer on a machine.

Can you confirm if your server has it downloaded and installed on it's local host?

Thank you,

KylieF

The tool is an Alteryx tool.

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Power-BI-Output/561687f8aa690a14c493c9bd

I can download this tool on my local machine with Google Chrome, the installation workflow pops up and I can install and use the Alteryx tool in Alteryx. The internet explorer is not starting the installation workflow, so I do not know how to install the tool. I lets me only download the files.

Since I want to run an workflow in the Gallery, I have to install this tool on the server, too. I can not get Google Chrome to run on the Server, but the internet explorer or firefox.

When I download the tool with Internet Explorer on the server, I can only download a ZIP file, but the installation workflow is not starting and I do not know, how to install the tool from the ZIP file.

My question is, is there a way to install the tool, so that I do not have to use Google Chrome to download the tool?