Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Max File Upload Size on Private Gallery

rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Hi There,

I have an analytic app which accepts .CSV files as input via a File Browse interface tool. With Alteryx desktop the app works file with 3GB+ .CSV files, however on the gallery there are errors when trying to use these same files. The errors highlight the file size being too large. 

I have been unable to find documentation on exactly what the file size limit on the Gallery is - does anyone know definitively what the limit is? Additionally, as this is a private gallery, we are also curious if it is possible to extend this limit to something larger by modifying the server configuration?

Thanks,

Ryan 

5 REPLIES 5
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

There is a timeout, but I can't quite find exactly what it is at the moment. This idea asks for an option to make it configurable.

However, even if the timeout is configurable, then the code won't allow a file over about 2.1GB (Int32). Hence, at present, that would only solve part of the issue that you're seeing.

rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Thanks @KaneG, that is very helpful information. 

Do you know if the newly introduced Gallery API for uploading files is able to handle files larger than 2.1GB limit? If so, do you know if any limits exist? We may consider building our own UI if this circumvents the existing gallery timeouts/size limits. 

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm assuming it would as I think that limit is probably on files temporarily stored in the MongoDB on upload. (Note the words assume and think).

Given I'm not sure, I've asked some more informed people than me and I'll see what they come back with

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The answer came quickly. Using the Gallery API wouldn't change the limit.

rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Thanks @KaneG, we will start looking into alternatives then.