Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Map showing polygon reference file as analytic app, but not in server gallery

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

I have a workflow that requires the user starting out by selecting 1 or more polygons from a map. This set of polygons is held in a .xydb file that is updated hourly. When I run the whole thing as an analytic app it works great, the problem is moving it to the server gallery.

When I save I do Workflow Options > Manage Workflow Assets > UNCHECK the dropbox polygon file. This is so that Alteryx doesn't just load up a temp file, but reserves the actual file path. Saves great, passes validation (server has access to the dropbox directory).

Now when I go to run it the workflow shows me the map but there's nothing on it...I feel like I'm missing something stupid here but can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

alteryx1.png

20 REPLIES 20
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @KHoward,

I will check to see what additional information we can provide.  I don't have any timeline information currently but I will check with the teams here at Alteryx.

Thanks for following up,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

We are still working to get an update on this issue and will post back as soon as we have this information.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

This issue is in our development team's queue for prioritization.  At this time they do not have a schedule date available but we have noted the priority request from several users on this thread and will do our best to prioritize it accordingly.

We appreciate everyone following up and will post back when we do have a date available.

Jess Silveri
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

@JessicaS

Thank you for keeping this discussion alive.  Getting this fixed would be major.  I have a reference file that gets updated nightly, by workflow scheduled in Gallery, so it's frustrating that it can't just stay attached to an app on Gallery

Of the apps I've created and published to our company Gallery, the ones with a map interface get the most traction and acceptance from our user base.  (And lead to new requests for apps, which is great.)

See you at #alteryx19, I hope.

Best,

David

Mstead
8 - Asteroid

Any update here? I have found the same issue currently with 2019.1. 

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

I got an email a few months back saying that they had fixed this bug, but I haven't tried it again (gave up on that functionality and kept going with the workaround).

Currently doing some upgrade work on my server, but when it's back up I'll give it a try with 2019.2

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

It looks like it's working again for me:

workflow.PNG

And then when I put that to the server the reference map shows up prior to running.

server workflow.PNG

Mstead
8 - Asteroid

It appears that you are attaching the reference map when pushing it to server (judging by the _externals folder in the map input tool). What about when you submit without attaching the reference map layer as an asset?

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

You're right I did that a little too quickly. I saved that same file on Dropbox and unchecked that file when saving to the server, so hopefully it should look for that reference file.

It doesn't show when run locally as an analytic app or through the browser on the server. It seems that the map has scaled correctly (way out because I'm using a whole north america polygon set), but no actual polygons display.

Looks like this hasn't actually been solved...

aplima
7 - Meteor

Do we have any updates on this? Any workaround? Was it accepted as a bug?

We're running on 2019.4 and experiencing the same issue.