Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Manually uninstall Alteryx Server

Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to make a server gallery upgrade from 2019.2 to 2020 (the last one available).

When I try to double clic on the installer I get an error similar to:

source installation package for the product ALteryrxProductName is out of sync with the client package [......] followed by "unable to uninstall older version of Alteryx Server 2020.1 

And that's okay, because I don't have the previous version installed, but an older one.

I already found some similar errors on the comunity, but they all refer to Alteryx Designer (not the gallery) and the first thing described is to try to manual uninstall Alteryx, from the control panel.

Guess what? I can't see Alteryx listed in the control panel!

Do you have an idea how I can completely uninstall the old version? So that I can install the new ones?

The Gallery is 100% working right now, even if Alteryx is missing in the control panel.

4 REPLIES 4
ZTerry
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Federica_FF 

Hi! I hope all is well! 

Can you please launch your Registry Editor and locate to path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx . After you locate to this path- can you please provide me with a screenshot?

This is the path of your Alteryx Installation Folder.

Thank You,

ZT 

Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

Hi Zack,

thanks for your reply.

This is a screenshot of the regedit window

Immagine.png

ZTerry
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Federica_FF 

Thank you for providing me with the screenshot!

Can you please delete "(Default)" found in the screenshot and then run the installer again?

If you are still receiving an error- please submit a case to support@alteryx.com .

Thank You,

ZT

Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

Hi Zack,

I think I'm going to open a case with the support.

The previous screenshot was from an user which is local admin, but is not the default windows Administrator user.

This is the same screenshot made with the Administrator user. There are actually also different values in it.

But the Default one can't be deleted.

Federica_FF_0-1589472641753.png