Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Make Version 1 Workflow the Latest Version

xgeronimo
5 - Atom

Hello! I accidentally published a version 2 of my workflow but it causes errors so I'd like to rollback to version 1. Despite version 1 being published already, I can't seem to open this version and make it the 'latest one'. Can you please help?

8 REPLIES 8
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @xgeronimo 

Interesting question, I think it's not possible easily. Let's see if anyone has an answer to this 🙂

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @xgeronimo ,

From designer, you can open a prior version of your workflow and save that once again. You will not be able to delete the incorrect version, but you will be able to publish the version 1 once again as version 3 if needed.

fmvizcaino_0-1646149238120.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @fmvizcaino 

Let's say I don't have an older version of the workflow is there any way an end-user developer can get the previous version?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @xgeronimo 

Just adding to @fmvizcaino response there is one way you can get older version of your desktop file(works on any kind of files) but its not a sure method (I,e it only works sometimes)

Right-click on the file> Properties

atcodedog05_0-1646149762019.png

Go to previous version tab and select and open a version

atcodedog05_1-1646149826890.png

As mentioned this doesn't apparently always work.

Hope this helps : )

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @atcodedog05 .

Yeah, the image I'm showing in my previous post is exactly that. All the earlier versions of a workflow are inside Alteryx's MongoDB, and you can open whichever version you like.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @fmvizcaino 

Sadly I guess that access would only be with the server admin and not to an end-user developer like me 😶

Thank you for the knowledge share 🙂

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @atcodedog05 ,

For the artisan (developer), if the workflow is inside your private studio, you will be able to see all the versions, if if is a workflow shared with you through a collection, then you will not see all the versions.

In the image below, since I'm part of the presales studio, I have access to every version published by me or anyone else.

fmvizcaino_1-1646154888664.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @fmvizcaino 

This option is definitely a lifesaver I will definitely check it out once I get back to work.

@xgeronimo I think @fmvizcaino has answered your question 🙂

Thank you for this amazing knowledge share 😀