Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

MS SQL connection (ODBC) works in Designer, but can't connect when saved on Gallery

Midori
5 - Atom

Hello Guys,

I'm having a problem with setting up DB connection on Alteryx Gallery.

Connections to DB were created on Gallery level:

Midori_0-1596026567469.png

And they work fine in Designer, I can get data from DB without any issue.

However when saving workflow to Gallery, I'm receiving following error:

Midori_1-1596026660244.png

MS SQL server is setup to allow remote connections. Did anyone face similar problem?

5 REPLIES 5
TessaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Midori 

So it seems like it has failed the validation step but it still may work in Gallery. Can you please try running the workflow in the Gallery? When you say Connections to DB were created on Gallery level, do you mean it's a Gallery data connection? 

Thanks!

Tessa Smithers

Sr. Technical Account Manager
Alteryx, Inc.

Midori
5 - Atom

Hi 

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

Are you using a Gallery Data Connection that was created on the server and shared with you or did you create it either in Designer or with a ODBC connection in your local ODBC administrator?

If you created it in your Designer then maybe the drivers are different between your computer and the server.

Midori
5 - Atom

I'm using a Gallery Data connection that was created for me on the server and than shared with me. 

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

OK!
Is the Gallery Data Connection shared with your Private Studio?
If that's not the issue then make sure the drivers are similar in both server and your computer.

If these don't work, ask for a new Gallery Data Connection.  Paraphrasing the words of an Alteryx support engineer, "The Gallery Data Connections can be finicky."

Good luck!
Ciao,

David