Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

MS SQL Server connection: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

jsoler
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I am getting an error when I am trying to add a new Data Connection, perhaps this is a beginner question, sorry for that.

I have the driver configured on the Server Gallery (see Capture ODBC), testing the connection, I get an OK.

Then, I go to the Gallery-Admin web, and I add a new connection, but when I click on test, I get the following error:

Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I am lost right now, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Can you please help me? Please do not hesitate to ask me further information if you need it.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
jsoler
7 - Meteor

Hi! I've just got the solution. After install the last version of the driver of MS SQL Server on Alteryx Server, I have been able to connect from Gallery creating a new Data Connection.

Thanks,

kedargaikwad
5 - Atom

I ran into the same issue and I installed ODBC driver from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56730 with version 18.2.2.0. But the issue still remains the same. Am I doing anything wrong here? I really appreciate the help here.

Here is the screen shot from server.

ODBC driverODBC driver

Error messageError message