Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Loading large Datasets Help

AltAddict26
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community! I am working on loading a dataset with 20 million records and 150 columns. The data is being read from a text file and written to table in SQL server.

I have two questions -

1) it is taking on average about 1 hour to load 1 million rows, is there way to reduce this time even when reading from a text file?

2) Is it possible to load the records on a continual basis instead of all at once? Currently no records show up until the job is complete. I would like to see the rows loading in the table as the job runs.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If it's coming from a text file, you can try having 2 workflows: one to load the text file to a YXDB using the AMP engine (check the AMP box on the configuration pane), and then another module to load the YXDB to the SQL Server table.  However, I would look for something in the data that would be a natural grouping, like branch number, or store number, or state/region, . . . anything that can break the records up naturally.  And then have a batch macro loop through them and load them one at a time.  I do this myself quite often.