Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Limit Export Formats

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Has anyone found a way to limit the export options for Gallery results?

I have some app consumers that have found all of the different icons confusing.  Espcially since we don't have applications for all of those formats and not everyone is familiar with the file extensions.

So, instead of this:

CurrentExportOptions.png

I'm looking for a configuration option that allows me to show this (or a different variation, configurable by workflow):

ProposedOutputFormat.png

5 REPLIES 5
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Are you outputting in your app to a .yxdb? I believe if you do, you will get all of the options.

However if you specify just a .csv in the Output Data tool, only the CSV format is available with the app is run.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

In the example I used, yes I was outputting to .yxdb in my Gallery app.  But I see now that I used a poor example.

I should have shown multiple formats on the options for output.

What about a way that I don't need to specify each output - just a global setting like "don't use these formats as output options...."

Or "only allow these output options...."

This way, I can still let the Gallery handle the output options like it does but filter out options that aren't useable to our consumers.

Example: we don't use Tableau, so no need for it to be an option/mitigates potential to confuse users.

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hmmm...not sure if there is a way to "selectively" pick only certain output options except to use multiple output data tools with each one specified to a specific file format.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Thanks @RodL. I'll add this as an enhancement request!

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

In the File Browse tool you can set a list of file types by selecting Arbitrary File Specification and entering the desired file types.  The formatting is pretty crazy, so you may need to fiddle around with it but it requires an Alteryx specific name followed by the extension with a wildcard then a pipe with the file extension again.alteryx file browse.PNG

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer