Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Job Priority in Gallery/Server 2018.3?

jsetlik
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I just successfully updated a 2018.2 server instance to 2018.3.  I saw in the Release Notes that you should be able to specify a priority for running jobs under Server 2018.3.  Is this functionality enabled through the Gallery?  If so, could an example be posted of what it should look like?  I'm not seeing any option to specify a priority when I run a job in the Gallery. Or is it maybe for workflows that are uploaded for the first time to a 2018.3 gallery?

Thanks so much,

John

2 REPLIES 2
jsetlik
6 - Meteoroid

Never mind, I found it.

For others wondering about it, it needs to be turned on at the individual user level via Admin...Users

From there you can click a user name and toggle the permissions to assign priorities and workers.  The controls to make those assignments will show up as dropdowns when you run/schedule a workflow.

MSchmekel1
6 - Meteoroid

I'm looking for more detail on the same issue and haven't seen any additional documentation posted elsewhere. Are you able to share more details on how you were able to set priority. Was it only in the gallery? I was assuming you'd be able to similarly set priority from designer when scheduling as well.