Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Issues with Scheduled Workflows

anm252
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone--I have an issue with 2 separate workflows that may or may not be the same issue I'm not entirely sure. My first workflow is pretty basic and the output is a small sized excel worksheet. My second workflow is not related to the first but takes a hyper file and publishes it to the Tableau server. Here are my issues I'm facing in their respective orders:

1) When my scheduled workflow for the first scenario runs it finishes as "Successful" but not data is produced. It's a blank worksheet. When I run the workflow manually it's also successful but produces data as it should.

2) When my scheduled workflow runs it fails with improper Tableau authentication but when I run it manually it is successful with no issues whatsoever.

I'm not sure if some setting is off but these are the only 2 workflows I have that issue with when running scheduled workflows. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @anm252 - I'd say this issue is credential related. Please have a look at this article to understand how it works in Alteryx: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/How-Workflow-Credentials-Work-on-a-Ga...

Note: This is an old article and the latest versions of Alteryx may differ to what you will see in the article, but still it may be a good start. 

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @anm252 , 

What type of authentication you are using in your workflow to connect tableau.? Native authentication or PAT.? 

Regards, 

AriharanR

anm252
7 - Meteor

Hi @Ariharan apologies I just saw this. I’m using Native Authentication. What’s even more odd is I have 2 other workflows scheduled publishing to the same server with the same credentials that work fine when running as scheduled.