Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Issue scheduling my workflow on Alteryx server and getting an error

mounjid_majid
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Issue scheduling my workflow on Alteryx server and getting an error:

• Tool #2: TableauServer.Login (36): Tool #10: Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer

Can someone assist please. I feel like as soon as I fix one issue another one appears.

23 REPLIES 23
fharper
12 - Quasar

here is a link where the last part of your error seems highly relevant.

https://kb.tableau.com/articles/issue/error-internet-communication-error-failure-when-receiving-data...

No one can really trouble shoot this for you without seeing you configuration details, so you need to get your IT people involved I suspect.

it seems like the credentials used by the server do not have access to the SQLServer where Tableau lives. 

If you are using Windows authentication then the Account on the Server running the flow needs write access to Tableau's site/project.  In Tableau each account is tied to a group and site role typically.  permissions can be given at each level and you may not have this account set right.

An admin can quickly see if the Server Account in use has the right permissions.  If that is not the issue then explore the other things in the link.

tempsnip.png     

AngelaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Recommended talking to IT department about Proxy

Customer Support Engineer
AngelaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Customer Support Engineer
stuartpollicott
6 - Meteoroid

Did you ever get this resovled?  Mine works fine from Designer, just fails from Server.