Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Issue Upgrading from 2018.2 to 2018.4

raychase
11 - Bolide

I recently stood up a new VM to act as a dev environment for our Alteryx Gallery.  I created a full backup of my prod environment (2018.2), installed 2018.2 on the new VM, restored the backup, and everything was great.  Next, I wanted to install 2018.4 on the dev environment to test the new version.  After installation, when I visit the Gallery in my browser, I only see the following:

Capture.JPG

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have tried reverting back to 2018.2, and all of my content was back and the Gallery worked flawlessly.  Then, I tried going back to 2018.4 again, and it gave me the same error.  This is incredibly annoying and concerning, as I would expect the same behavior if I decided to upgrade the prod environment.  Please advise.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
raychase
11 - Bolide

I pulled the following error from the log file:

2018-12-11 00:16:17.504345,FATAL,1,Runner,MigrateDatabase,,,,DEVDCWIN1780,,,,,,Database requires migration from 19 to 21. Attempting to obtain lock...,
2018-12-11 00:16:17.504345,FATAL,1,Runner,MigrateDatabase,,,,DEVDCWIN1780,,,,,,...lock could not be obtained. Another process is likely performing a migration. Please standby.,

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @raychase - there are some locks that contain the old machine name (from your prod environment) that will need to be cleared so they connect to the new machine. As this requires making changes directly to the database, please reach out to Support and we can assist.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.