Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Invalid directory from server, but works fine from designer

champ24
7 - Meteor

Hello Experts,

I have created a workflow that picks up most recent file from sharepoint online and processes as needed, it leverages the directory, sort and sample tiles. The workflow runs as expected when run in designer. However getting errors when publishing to Alteryx server. 

I am already setting up workflow credentials when publishing to server and also made sure the alteryx server account has owner permissions on the sharepoint site from where the recent/latest file is being read.

Error:

• Invalid Directory "\\sharepoint.com\sites\Teams-PSDExports-20210204110012\Shared Documents\All Details\*.xlsx": The network path was not found. (53) (Tool Id: 49)
2 REPLIES 2
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@champ24 do you know if the account that the workflow is run by on the Server/Gallery has permission to access the directory?

Also, I'd advise you set the directory paths to use the UNC versions in your workflow.

UNC is Uniform Naming Convention.  Basically it removes relative paths (like custom mapped folders/drives) and replaces with their real name.

After you've built and saved your workflow, click: Options --> Advanced Options --> Workflow Dependencies --> All UNC

I also suggest, if you can, test to see if the workflow runs fine on the Alteryx Designer installed on the Alteryx Server machine as a test to see if its a permissions thing.

champ24
7 - Meteor

@RishiK 

do you know if the account that the workflow is run by on the Server/Gallery has permission to access the directory?

Yes, Confirmed

Also, I'd advise you set the directory paths to use the UNC versions in your workflow.

UNC is Uniform Naming Convention.  Basically it removes relative paths (like custom mapped folders/drives) and replaces with their real name.
As mentioned in the original post, I am using UNC path.

\\sharepoint.com\sites\Teams-PSDExports-20210204110012\Shared Documents\All Details\

After you've built and saved your workflow, click: Options --> Advanced Options --> Workflow Dependencies --> All UNC

Yes, this was selected 

I also suggest, if you can, test to see if the workflow runs fine on the Alteryx Designer installed on the Alteryx Server machine as a test to see if its a permissions thing.

Dont have access to alteryx designer on server. But to eliminate the permissions thing I have tested to connect to a single file instead of recent file via directory from server to that location and that worked. But doesnt work when using directory.