Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Interface Tree not loading on server

RachelJ
7 - Meteor

I created a simple Tree interface from a custom file that runs great locally, but when posted to server, never loads. I've created other custom file Trees in the same way that run fine on server. The only difference is they were shorter trees. This tree has ~1400 rows - is there a limit to what can be handled on server with this tool? Any other ideas why this only works locally?

Picture1.png

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I don't think there is a limit to Tree size on Server vs Designer - but the most I'm using right now is . I'd expect there are more limits with problems with .xml or .yxdb formatting for the Trees (or accessibility of the Tree file from the Server)... Where is the Tree mapping file located? Is it accessible from the Server? Can you confirm that you are using a version of Designer compatible with your Server - and have (the always a potential culprit) is AMP switched off?

I just checked and I believe my largest Tree on Server has 20,000 records in a .yxdb.

RachelJ
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the response! Great thoughts - yes, the file is located in a place accessible to the Server, we are using the version of Designer compatible with the server, and AMP is switched off (first thing I checked :D)  The input is a .yxdb.  I also tried packaging the tree input with the workflow to no avail. 

RachelJ
7 - Meteor

Figured it out - workflow name had special characters. Renamed and tree interface works like charm.