This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
We are updating the requirements for Community registration. As of 7/21/21 all users will be required to register a phone number with their My Alteryx accounts. If you have already registered, you will be prompted on your next login to add your phone number.
I have an analytic app that uses this first container "Directory Names" to pull folder names from a directory. Then I push that list of values into the interface dropdown tool in my "Data Input" Container.
When I run this as an app or with the regular run option in alteryx desktop the values update according to my directory results (folders added/deleted). However, when i publish this to the server, the list does not update unless i reupload my workflow to the server. I have tried adding a 10 second delay after my last step in the ""Directory Names" container (the R script), and even tried a block until done step. Nothing seems to do the trick.
@JMart2135 It's an unfortunate shortcoming for the dropdown (and list box) tools. The workaround is to to split it into 2 apps, have the 1st app write out a file with 2 columns (Name and Value), chain it to your second app, and have your second app use the external source option in the dropdown to reference the output file.
@patrick_digan thanks for the info. I will look into how to chain the apps together then. I guess that means i need to split the first part of the workflow into its own file first. then somehow call the second part of the workflow once that part is completed.
@patrick_digan Thanks Patrick, i found some stuff online and got it working in desktop via chained apps. However, the second app doesnt kick on when i have everything published to the server so now just looking into that part of it now
@patrick_digan thanks, finally got it working. took what you let me know to do and then had to do a couple other steps to get it working. I also had to delete what i already had saved to the server, the reupload everything with the secondary app "Checked" in the assets menu. Once that got republished it worked like a charm. thanks!