Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Interactive Chat in Email with Tables

ElzNicola
6 - Meteoroid
Hi All

I’m trying to auto send an email with an interactive chart amoung a bunch of tables put together with a layout tool. When it sends with the tables it sends the description of the chart in the email rather than the actual picture, however when I send just the chart in the email it sends fine.

I have attached a sample of my email to show how it is sending at the moment

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Elena
5 REPLIES 5
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ElzNicola I would like to take a look at the behavior you are encountering. Can you confirm what version of Designer you are using when encountering this issue? Also can you provide a sample workflow demonstrating the issue?

ElzNicola
6 - Meteoroid
Thanks @KevinP, unfortunately company policy is preventing me from sending over the workflow or the data :( I tried a few iterations of the email and found that when I put the graph at the top of the email with nothing on top of it (ie no wording or tables) that it would show the graph but whenever something was above the graph it would print it in words like the screenshot.

I will see if I can get clearance to post the workflow but I don’t think I’ll be allowed to

Thanks
Elena
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ElzNicola Thanks for the update. I shouldn't need any of the data associated with the workflow, but the workflow itself would be helpful so I can try and reproduce the behavior. Since this appears to be sensitive you could provide the information via email. I can also provide a dropbox link to upload the file to if that would help, or if you have a preferred file service you can send me that information via email or private message.

In the mean time if you could confirm what version of Designer you are using I could try to reproduce the issue based on the description you have provided.

ElzNicola
6 - Meteoroid
@KevinP thanks for the response I won’t be able to share over email either. Let me see if I can try reproduce the error I am getting in a generic workflow. In the meantime I am using Alteryx 11.3.

Sorry I can see how this is gonna be difficult to solve without access to my workflow
ElzNicola
6 - Meteoroid
@KevinP (sorry seems as though my mentions don’t work) I managed to figure it out. It seems to only happen if your layout setting is set to Verticle with Section Breaks. When I changed that to verticle it worked and all graphs appeared as they should.

I’m not sure why that setting would break it