Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Input and output location getting changed after uploading workflow to Alteryx Gallery

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am facing an issue as you have seen in the subject. The input and output location is a share drive, but once I upload the workflow to Alteryx Gallery, both the locations are changed. I have attached 2 pics. The 1st one shows my share drive and 2nd one shows the location which it is getting changed into.

I want, after uploading the workflow, the path to stay as it is in Pic 1. Can someone help me with that?

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

@ArijitRoy as long as your Alteryx server machine has access to this shared drive, you can go into your settings and change the workflow options so the assets (macros, inputs, outputs etc) are referenced from an absolute location (your shared drive), rather than a relative file location which Alteryx will do by default (by creating these Externals folders). There's a knowledge base article explaining more about this and exactly how to do it here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Avoid-getting-quot-external-1-quot-wh...