Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Input Error

ktshort2
5 - Atom

Hi All,

First of all, I am a new Alteryx user so I will appreciate any guidance.

My workflow is currently running into input errors when uploading to Gallery (it does not face these problems when ran locally).  Basically,  I am trying to input the most recent sharedrive .csv file each time the WF is scheduled to run, but I run into two problems. While uploading, I am prompted to "Manage workflow assets" and whenever I select the necessary input files the workflow will use an old version of the csv file the next time it runs, but if I do not select the inputs I get the following error messages: "file not found" and "cannot access the folder"

How can I work around this while I maintain the WF's ability to be scheduled and uploaded to the gallery?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@ktshort2 ,

You may have two issues here based on your post.

The first one is your managing of the assets when uploading to the Gallery. If you are having to include the Inputs with the managed assets, your workflow is more than likely incorrectly configured. If you are building a workflow to pick up the latest data, you should have some combination of Directory tool,  Filter tool or Sample tool to take the newest file string and be pushing it into either an Input Macro or a Dynamic Input. If you are not using this setup your workflow will not work correctly to pick up the latest and greatest file.

The other error is based on access. Think of your server as another Alteryx user. If that user does not have access to the network and or folders where you have the data saved, it will not find the files. We recommend setting the Run As user in the System Settings of the Server to someone who has access to the necessary network folders used by everyone who build workflows to be deployed on the Alteryx Server.

ktshort2
5 - Atom

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response!

I will look into both of these possibilities and let you know. One question: does the dynamic input work in gallery?

Thanks,

Kolbe