Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Input Data tool Error "External component has thrown and exception"

rferriman
5 - Atom

I have installed Alteryx Server version 11.7.4.37815 in a Amazon Workspaces Desktop.  I activated my license and tried to use the software.  It is not working.  When I go to the dropdown in the Input Data tool and click File I get an error message that says "External component has thrown an exception".  

I did not have this problem in a previous Amazon Workspaces Desktop but our contractors just setup new Workspaces and now I get this error.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@rferriman  Did you turn it off and then turn it back on again?

I'm kidding; but seriously: uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

rferriman
5 - Atom

Unfortunately I already tried that a couple times and it didn't resolve the issue.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@rferriman  I'd suggest checking back with the contractors that set it up.  Maybe they had something come up during the setup.

rferriman
5 - Atom

My best guess after consulting with one of our it consultants is that we should not have set our workspaces up from a backed up image.  It may have introduced problems.  I am backing my data up and then we are going to setup a brand new workspace not from an image and then will manually reinstall Alteryx.  Hopefully it will work then.  I will post the results.