Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Input Data tool Error "External component has thrown and exception"

rferriman
5 - Atom

I have installed Alteryx Server version 11.7.4.37815 in a Amazon Workspaces Desktop.  I activated my license and tried to use the software.  It is not working.  When I go to the dropdown in the Input Data tool and click File I get an error message that says "External component has thrown an exception".  

I did not have this problem in a previous Amazon Workspaces Desktop but our contractors just setup new Workspaces and now I get this error.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@rferriman  Did you turn it off and then turn it back on again?

I'm kidding; but seriously: uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

rferriman
5 - Atom

Unfortunately I already tried that a couple times and it didn't resolve the issue.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@rferriman  I'd suggest checking back with the contractors that set it up.  Maybe they had something come up during the setup.

rferriman
5 - Atom

My best guess after consulting with one of our it consultants is that we should not have set our workspaces up from a backed up image.  It may have introduced problems.  I am backing my data up and then we are going to setup a brand new workspace not from an image and then will manually reinstall Alteryx.  Hopefully it will work then.  I will post the results.