Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Inconsistent Handshake Error when Writing to Azure Server

paulwini
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I currently am receiving the below error on an inconsistent basis when attempting to use an Alteryx workflow (on desktop or in the gallery) to write data to a table on an Azure server. Sometimes the workflows run/write successfully, other times the workflows will provide me with the following error:

Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Client unable to establish connection because an error was encountered during handshakes before login. Common causes include client attempting to connect to an unsupported version of SQL Server, server too busy to accept new connections or a resource limitation (memory or maximum allowed connections) on the server.[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]TCP Provider: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I can't determine the root cause of the error as I've successfully written to a different Azure server without encountering the issue above. Does anyone have experience with correcting the error ? Is it something on the Alteryx-side, Azure server-side, or both?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @paulwini : I'm wondering if there is a timeout limit on your Azure database. Can you reach out to your DBA to confirm? This might explain the inconsistent behavior if you occasionally do not have issues writing to the same location. 

Let me know your thoughts!

Dana

paulwini
7 - Meteor

Thanks @dana_mcdonough I think it must be some form of timeout issue for the Azure database. Was hoping it was something I could correct but I'll probably have to have the DBA resolve.

Thank you!