Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Image in Report Header path not accessing in Alteryx server

BharathKG
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I'm new to the Alteryx server and I have a workflow with image/logo on Report header and while i have migrated the wf to Server it was providing error as the Path (onedrive path) or local path which i used for the image was not accessing by Server. 

Can you please suggest me how to achieve this without any error.

Thank you!

Bharath Kumar

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hello @BharathKG 

In your Image tool, select "Store Static Image In Workflow".  This will store a copy of the image in the workflow, increasing the workflow size but making it completely portable. 

Dan 

BharathKG
7 - Meteor

Good Day @danilang 

Thank you for your information is it possible to take the image as header in the layout and also i need to know how can i attach files in Email tool in server. whenever i provide the path it was changed to "external/1/filename"

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Bharath Kumar 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hello @BharathKG 

To insert an image in the header that will work on the server follow the following steps

1.  Go into User Settings->Advanced and check Display Asset Management in Properties Window

US.png

2. Copy the image that you want to use in the header to the same directory as the workflow

3.In your Report Image section of the Header tool, select the file that you just copied to the workflow directory and then remove all the directory information from the file path so you're left with only the file name. 

RI.png

4. Check the box on the left side of the Header tool config window to bring you to the Asset Management screen.  Add the file that you copied to the workflow directory.   Don't change the path.

RH.png

5 When you export the workflow or save it to the server, make sure the fill that you added as an asset is checked

E.png

The method that you use to attach files to an email tool depends on if the are already existing or created by the workflow.  

A. For existing files use that same method as above to add the files as attachments and then include them as assets

B. For files created by the workflow write them to the %temp% path, i.e.%temp/output.xlsx

Dan

BharathKG
7 - Meteor

Good Morning @danilang 

I have did all as per your instructions and still i'm getting the below error in Server. Please assist on this.

Thank you!

Bharath Kumar

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!