Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Identify workflow task PID

GloriousWater
8 - Asteroid

Hello, looking into a way to use taskkill to kill any alteryx workflow that hangs and also identify which flows hangs when.

Is there a way to link an alteryx proces from its PID in the tasklist to which workflow it is related to on the server? 

In mongodb AlteryxService AS_Queue theres information about running workflows, but how do i identify their corresponding process and PID in the tasklist ? 

5 REPLIES 5
CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

In the task manager details tab you will find a process called AlteryxEngineCmd.exe.  Ending this task will kill the running workflow.

If you have more than one workflow running at the same time you will not be able to tell which is which.

Another way to stop a workflow is to go into the Designer > Options > View Schedules > Queue tab - select running workflow and click on the delete icon (dash inside a circle)

GloriousWater
8 - Asteroid

Okay, the problem is when using the listrunner. Killing the initial workflow wont kill the subsequent workflows initiated by the listrunner.

For example there seems to be a connection between the PID of the workflow running and the temp folder created when the workflow begins. Is there a way to connect this filepath to what is actively running on the alteryx server / engine / mongodb ?

GloriousWater_0-1625591103281.png

GloriousWater
8 - Asteroid

Got some mails with case being closed due to inactivity, i think i might have just posted my reply below instead of as a reply to your comment. so, bumping it 🙂

CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

@GloriousWater ,

The number you see on the engine folders are not related to PIDs but are random numbers.  If you do not see the running workflows through the View Schedules windows you could probably try using Process Manager to see the details of the running AlteryxEngineCmd.exe processes.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

GloriousWater
8 - Asteroid

Thats weird, because the numbers marked with red matches PIDs for AlteryxEngineCmd.exe processes in the tasklists when running. I just need to be able to tell which PID belongs to which workflow so i can kill the right one.