Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

I have an app on server that has stopped working since upgrading to 2023.1

wwatson
12 - Quasar

I have an app that uses a drop down list and an action tool to update the sql statement in an in-db tool.

This work fine running the app in designer. It was working fine on server in 2022.1 but since we upgraded to 2023.1 it is not working.

It looks like the action tool is not updating the sql in the in-db tool any more.

Has anyone seen this behaviour and can advise how to fix it?

12 REPLIES 12
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Does it work fine on Designer version 23.1? If it's just failing when running on the Server 23.1, maybe try replicating it on another workflow. If it's consistent, then there might be a bug. If not, maybe try just deleting and re-adding the tool on the original workflow, or create a new one.

wwatson
12 - Quasar

The app works fine in designer 2023.1. I have created multiple simplified versions to try to fix it but no luck.

I suspect a bug, have a ticket open with support, will try to get a call to show the behaviour.

wwatson
12 - Quasar

After further testing the action tool is passing the NAME not the VALUE from the NAME:VALUE pair. This is definitely a bug.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

That is good to know, thank you! And a major bug in my opinion. 

wwatson
12 - Quasar

Defect ticket raised by support team: Jira GCSE-1437

moinuddin
7 - Meteor

Please check if you are using same driver version on the DEsigner and Server machine.

Did you try launching Alteryx Designer on the server machine and tested if that works ?

Hello,

I am experiencing the same bug. I have several apps which rely upon Name:Value checkbox list interface tools, interacting with in-db and local filters to alter a IN ("","","") formula. When run on Designer (which is the same version as Server in this example), the output is correct and has been while running on previous versions of Alteryx Designer/Server. Now, the Server run outputs 'wide open' on this filter despite valid inputs during the runtime.

Based on this thread I also tried creating a checkbox interface tool with VALUE:VALUE rather than NAME:VALUE in case I could circumvent this issue, but when I save it to Gallery, Alteryx removes the first VALUE and leaves it as just a single instance.

We found that an older method of inputting a multi select interface (text input, named columns, no data in the rows) appeared to work in one instance but we have been unable to replicate it for use in other apps. In addition to this we noticed that unlike previous Alteryx versions, the auto-detect for length of metadata types appears to have been affected. V_W String fields now default to an extremely large number, while before it was 255 characters. I tried force converting these to 255 chars, 40chars or 19chars (the default forced value) after verifying that the database table this is filtering on is for the same metadata length and type.

davidstephenevans_0-1686314257326.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @wwatson - we experienced something similar with some tools - and turning off AMP helped.

Have you tried running this on the server with / without AMP?

Also - thank you for posting the case number - that is very helpful and gives the entire community something to look out for!

AlexFR
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I also believe that’s a major issue. Any news on it ?

We are stuck on many apps.

we tried by disabling the AMP and it didn’t work for us.

alex