Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

How to upload Alteryx workflows to Alteryx Gallery by folder/bulk

akmalfarid
7 - Meteor

I came across a use case from a client that wants to upload all their Alteryx workflows from a folder to Alteryx Gallery in bulk. example situation that I can give, they have 100+ workflows that produce 100+ reports and all the workflow needs to be published to Alteryx Gallery in a short time. Publishing one by one may take a long time to be done.

One method I came across is by uploading using Workflow Endpoint API on Postman but this method may require too many scripts for my client.

Is there any easy method or macro that is able to bulk publish Alteryx workflows to Alteryx Gallery?

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The fastest way to through APIs, once you have the script, you just have to run it multiple times. Macros in Designer will also use APIs.

mercra
8 - Asteroid

@gabrielvilella have you used the Upload API when the WF uses Gallery Data Connections?  We run into errors that can be explained by this alteryx post...  We use Gallery Data Connections extensively so this issue has limited our ability to use the API.  I see others having success with the API and wanted to check if they use Gallery Data Connections or not.   Thanks!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Gallery-Data-Connections-FAQ/ta-p/452...