Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLUCIONADO

How to manage workflow Assets in Alteryx Server

Masaru_Hirose
Asteroide

How can I add or update Assets uploaded to the Alteryx Server with the workflow?

I'm trying to operate workflows on my company server, but I'm having trouble updating or adding the Excel template files that I uploaded as Assets with the workflow. 

I think the only way is to download the workflow from the server, reconfigure the assets, and upload them.

Does anyone have other solution to update workflow Assets?

2 RESPOSTAS 2
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Masaru_Hirose ,

I believe you will have to download the workflow and republish to update the assets.

There are two ways you can do this:-

1. Download the workflow from the server. Open it up on designer, make changes and publish

2. You can also open up the workflow directly from the designer. You can do this by opening the file menu -> open workflow -> your gallery -> your workflow. Once you have made the changes to the workflow, press cntrl+s so which in turn would directly publish a new version to the server.

With the second option you can publish a new version on top of the existing one. With the first option you will have to publish it as a new workflow on the server.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

Masaru_Hirose
Asteroide

Thank you for your reply, @JagdeeshN .

My understanding is like that;

With first option, I can update the workflow assets as well as workflow itself.

With second option, I cannot update the workflow assets. Only I can update is workflow itself.

Anyway, it is good for me to confirm my understanding. Thank you again.

Regards,

M. Hirose