Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How to find a users current subscription aka Private Studio?

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Alteryx Gallery 2020.4

We have a lot of "shared" subscriptions configured on our Gallery, and also a lot of Artisans who are still using there default Private Studio subscription.

1. Is there any way to know what a user's current subscription is other than:

Getting the subscription ID from the user page and doing a direct lookup in MongoDB

Going through every subscription in turn until I find the one that they are assigned to.

2. Going forwards, as Collections take over, is there going to be an easy way to see all of the Collections that a particular user has access too e.g. a tab on the user page with a list of Collections and access levels?

Regards,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey Paul, 

For #1 you don't need to get into your mongo. You get the subscription ID then use that to search in the subscription page. 

For #2 I would highly recommend you put this into the ideas here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/idb-p/server-ideas

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

#1 - thanks it hadn't even occurred to me to try that!

#2 - I was hoping it was less of an "idea" and more of a UI necessity that was already on the roadmap, I'll take a look.

The related item that occurred to me was being able to see which collection(s) a Workflow is in since in future users will access the majority of workflows via a Collection - so if a user asks me about access to a certain workflow I can find out how they would get it...

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

#2 is already requested so I have "liked" that...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Gallery-User-Management-see-collections-from-u...

Currently only has a single like though 😞