Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How to disable possibility to publish workflows on the Alteryx mars gallery

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Can someone advise me on how this is achievable? 

This is what Alteryx Admin needs to do?

Emil_Kos_0-1631101427936.png

I took this solution from this idea: link

5 REPLIES 5
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please help!😀

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Emil_Kos 

If you're asking how these setting can be applied, this is an option that needs to be set in the config on each user's machine in c:\ProgramData\Alteryx\RuntimeSettings.xml.  Your IT department can probably script this.

Dan 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @danilang,

Thank you for your response. 

From your experience how it is possible to execute this? I should let them know who are Alteryx users and they would run it for each of the users from the list?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Emil_Kos 

Your IT department should be able to generate a list of all the computers with Alteryx installed using SCCM or a similar tool.  Making the change involves changing the file on every user's computer.  From the file date on my machine,  it looks like this file is only modified when Alteryx is Installed/Upgraded.  It does have user specific info in it, so the change will probably have to be manual, i.e. open the file, add the sections, close the file and performed by someone with admin access

Dan

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @danilang,

Awesome. Thank you very much! 

This is really helpful!