Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

How to add description with a collection on Gallery

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have created couple of collections on Gallery and added workflows in each of them. Although, for each collection, I want to add description that will tell its purpose to end users. So please let me know if i can add collection description.

Thanks,

Vikas

5 REPLIES 5
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Vikas038 - I believe we don't have the ability to add description to Collections at this point in time. We can only add descriptions to individual workflows.

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

If we don`t have this facility then I will strongly recommend to add this in your next release for production upgrade. Because we should have description to communicate end users about purpose of collections.

I hope you will agree with my opinion.

Thanks,

Vikas

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I second that! You could add such requests under Ideas section of the community if they haven't already been requested by others.

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Is there any alternate through which we can make our showcase purpose of collections to gallery users?

Thanks,

Vikas

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

At this point the only place where we can include descriptive text are the individual workflows themselves. The descriptive text in the Meta Info tab within Designer shows up on the server.

AbhilashR_0-1585574317141.png