Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How to Switch DS between PROD/TEST/DEV Database Envs

sanaobul
5 - Atom

Hello All,

I have trouble to switch  Data source( DS) connections  between TEST & PROD databases on Alteryx gallery. I mean that,

I have developed workflow by creating DS to TEST Database,Tested workflow and deployed in  Alteryx Galley. Scheduled Workflow and  its running well against TEST DB DS.

But I wanted to update/point my existing workflow from TEST TO PROD database in galley to run workflow again PROD Database. Like update existing workflow with Different database( PROD) ENV  instead of TEST DB because my development computer doe not have opened Firewall access between PROD  DB & my computer  to create DS for PFOD & Redeploy. but Alteryx Server has access for PROD operational database to run workflow.

Please help to switch/change the workflow DS( data source) Connections between different Database Envs in Altery Gallery..

Thanks & Regards..

3 REPLIES 3
akshatoz
7 - Meteor

May be we can define a parameter for the data source and use it in the Alteryx Workflow for connecting to the database. When in the TEST environment, we define the parameter value as Test and same for Prod. The idea is to change the Parameter value from the back-end without touching the code.

sanaobul
5 - Atom

Finally found to made to work by follwing below steps..

Steps:

1.Created two DS for TEST and PROD with similar pattern and refreshed in designer to use them in Designer.

2.Selected ‘Input Data Tool’ and changed DS Alias to point to PROD DS in the Configuration window manually and Saved workflows into gallery.

3. Now able to run/Schedule the work Flow with PROD ds.

I will also try with your suggestion  by parameter concept.

Thank you for your response

cpagrawal
5 - Atom

While working on Alteryx workflows in designer to connect with database ( DWH – ACC/PRD ) we use our own credentials, but these flows will be then used by many people and they need to change the password/configuration every time. is there a way to provide pre-configured sources to fetch the data from different databases. 

Has any one so far get success with parameterized flow ?